Baby Ticker!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Childbirth class

I'm watching a Huggies commercial. You know - the one where the dad is changing the baby boy's diaper and as soon as he opens the diaper, he sprays all over someone's bedroom? Well, I bought a set of these little white Gerber washcloths to keep in the diaper bag and changing table to cover up our little boy when changing him. If there's one thing people love to warn you about, it's the diaper change spray!

I had quite a few contractions last night. Not painful, just feels like tightening, but every once in a while it's a little stronger and takes concentration. No regular pattern to them at all. Thankfully they're few and far between, because I've still got about 4 weeks left. The baby is kicking the heck out of me this morning! I love when he is so active because I don't have to worry one bit that he's thriving.

The point of this post is that Leo and I went to childbirth class yesterday at the hospital. While it wasn't a complete waste of time, we knew much of what was taught in the class already. Whoops, guess I've read too many books and talked Leo's ear off about what to expect. The best part was really the hospital tour. We learned all the hospital's recovery rooms are private, a huge relief! We also learned, as Leo put it, "there's absolutely nothing glamorous about childbirth!"

0 comments: