This is for those future mommies-to-be, especially those of you with "baby fever!"
In socializing with other pregnant women, I have come to realize that there are many out there who don't like being pregnant. I am not by any means criticizing those women. I know some have more difficult physical and emotional experiences than others. But so far, it has not occurred to me not to like it. In fact, I hope the next 4 months are as WONDERFUL as the last 5.
I have to admit that there are some less than fun things to endure. I was sick for a good 6 weeks... my face has been breaking out (HELLO concealer!)... and I think I summed it up today when I decided if I go an hour without going to the bathroom, it's a REALLY good hour.
But I just have to get this off my chest. Here's why I love being pregnant.
My nails are hard as diamonds. My hair doesn't fall out! And I love the baby belly that turns people's heads. It's the physical evidence that a miracle is happening.
The baby moving around and kicking. A person is alive in there!
I love the attention. So sue me. :)
The planning, the shopping, the decorating. Love, love, love it. I have read every baby book, and researched every product. The nursery is my little pet project.
Most of all, though, I can't imagine being anything but joyful and grateful. I can't wait to meet our new little person. I feel like I was born to be a mom, and I can't believe I waited this long.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
What it's like being pregnant
Posted by Brooke Cailleteau at 7:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Brooke, I love reading your blog! Your excitement is contagious, and I’m just so happy for you both!
LOVE IT!!
Girl, you're make me tear up...you saying that you were born for this! That's awesome!
I loved being prego too! But i'm an attention whore :) HA!!
Post a Comment