Baby Ticker!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Two firsts, etc.

We were very excited that little Leo had his first swim in Grandma and Granddad's pool in Conroe! It didn't last too long, because we had to sit under an umbrella Granddad had placed in the pool. The jaundice is almost all gone from Leo's skin, and we can now tell he is very fair-skinned, just like both his parents. We didn't want him to be in the sun too long. (Thank you, Sarah, for the swim trunks and sunglasses!)




In other firsts, we gave Leo his first bottle of pumped milk. He did so well! I was afraid I had waited too long, and he wouldn't know how to suck from the bottle, but he did just fine! He went straight back to breastfeeding with ease, and I think he still prefers it. :)

The other day, we were playing with Leo upstairs, and he was so sleepy, he fell right asleep on the carpet. Dad was even playing the guitar at full volume, and he slept right through it! (Somehow, though, the sound of the sprinklers coming on wakes him up at 6:30 every morning... what the heck?!)




I know I haven't been posting much about the baby weight watch, but I am happy that I only have 3 pounds left to get to my starting weight. I am going to start exercising slowly now, too, so hopefully I can get back into something resembling my former shape!

1 comments:

Thompsons4 said...

What a natural swimmer!