Baby Ticker!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 1, 2009

News and pictures

The main thing stopping me from posting more often is my laziness in downloading pictures from the camera. Also, we don't have that many GREAT pictures of little Leo because he opens his eyes really wide and makes a funny shocked face whenever we start taking pictures! But I've got a few cute ones to share.

Little Leo is doing so great. He eats about every 1.5 hours when he's awake and sleeps for 2-4 hours at a time. He has already outgrown his newborn clothes and diapers! We are starting to get into a routine, too. He sleeps very well at night and then is awake for a few hours first thing in the morning before starting a series of daytime naps. He is usually awake for a total of 6 hours or so during the day, and he loves to be talked to, sang to, played with, and walked.

I can't believe how fast they grow and learn. He already latches himself on to nurse without my help, and he's really focusing on faces and objects well. Yesterday he giggled for the first time when sleeping on daddy's chest, which delighted us to no end. He laughs and smiles quite a bit when nursing and sleeping, and, even though I know it doesn't mean anything, it's thrilling :) I just picture all those neurons firing in his little brain and developing his abilities.

As for me, well I'm doing well too. I'm fighting off the baby blues by eating right, making sure I get to shower each day (don't laugh), and trying to get out of the house whenever possible. My body is bouncing back well enough too... I have about 5 lbs to get back to my starting weight, and another 10 to lose to get to my GOAL weight. Breastfeeding really does seem to be helping with that. The way little Leo eats, I could probably lose 2 lbs a week! I'm not nearly as close to being back into my normal clothes - pregnancy really does change the shape of your body. But I know that will come in time too.

Now, for the pictures!


Looking curiously at mom





I outgrew my t-shirt already!





Carseat + baby = instant nap





So cute when he's sleeping!

1 comments:

Leslie said...

No laughing here-sometimes i'd go days without a shower. I think it really does help...also, try to get out. I know it's hard with bfing, but i don't even mean alone-take leo. Just to grandmas or a friends house. Anything:)
By the way, you are not slow-i just put the ticker there-finally told work so i could announce. Will blog eventually. Total Shock!