I saw my wonderful doctor again today. The best part of the day was when the nurse used a little gadget on my belly that lets you hear the heartbeat, and it was awesome!! Loud, clear, and fast! 148 beats per minute. My ultrasound will be at 20 weeks, and it's scheduled for December 29th. So all of us will just have to wait until then to find out if it's a boy or a girl!
As usual, I went in today thinking I knew everything, only to have my doctor prove me wrong. Every pregnancy book out there says to gain between 25-35 pounds, but she told me 35 is way too much and I'll just have 15 pounds to lose afterwards if I gain that much. Well, so be it if I do. I'm not going to obsess over gaining only 20-25 pounds, but at least I know now not to go hog wild with the desserts.
Also, I was very relieved to find out my doctor delivers 80% of her patients' babies. I'm ready to accept that she might not deliver mine, but at least there's a good chance.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Today's Doctor Appointment
Posted by Brooke Cailleteau at 6:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good attitute. I know it's hard, but try not to obsess about anything...less stress on your body, mind and baby is way better than missing a vitamin, eating a piece of sushi, etc...
You got past the hard part. Hopefully it's smoooth sailing from now on.
Oh, and the Dr thing...i was the queen of new drs and my delivery was great! (The nurses do almost everything anyway.)
Post a Comment