Well, it's officially been the second trimester for a little while, and I have to admit it's true what they say. I feel like a million bucks - no sickness, and no urgent sleepiness at 2 p.m. (But I still have a 9 p.m. bedtime due to inability to stay awake later!) My hair doesn't shed like before, so it's thick and fairly well-behaved, and I can't break a nail for anything. (My hand slipped while opening a can yesterday, and nothing.)
It's also an exciting time because I'm really starting to show and people are noticing. I've had a number of people flat-out ask me, "are you expecting?" which clues me in that it's obvious, but at the same time, I would never have the guts to ask someone that! What if, as someone so amusingly put it to me this week, I had just "fallen into the candy bowl?"
I'll leave this post with something I've learned over the past 3 months - some places are just NOT for pregnant people. It just doesn't work. Also, if you know any others to avoid, please feel free to comment!
Places that pregnant people might not have a good time:
1. Las Vegas (It's obvious. Too smoky + too much alcohol you can't have + too much food + 1st trimester nausea = disaster!)
2. Metallica concerts (Heavy metal + stayed up way past my bedtime = should have let Leo go w/a friend!)
3. Stacked traffic on a 1.5 hr commute (I only had to do this for 2 weeks!)
Friday, November 21, 2008
Random pregnancy thoughts
Posted by Brooke Cailleteau at 9:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I wish I could see you this week! You are going to have to post pictures so I can see the baby bump!
Have fun tomorrow!
I would definitely avoid pool parties...you're lucky it's winter :)
Oh, i disagree...i loved pool parties...i had a reason to be fat :) You are awesome for going to that concert. Any bar/club was pretty bad for me...
By the way, i'm so glad you have a blog! Now we can keep in touch better since football is over:( (I posted on some older posts)
Well fortunately (or unfortunately) I'll have the baby before summer, so I won't have a chance to decide on the pool party thing! But you can bet I'll be wearing one-pieces next summer. (If I get a chance to even go swimming, that is!)
Post a Comment