My 38 week appointment was at 2:40 today. I arrived a little early, as I usually do, around 2:25, only to be informed the doc was running behind, about 45 minutes. Great. I try to be patient when this happens, I do, because I know she's usually had to run to the hospital to deliver a baby, and I know that will be me soon.
So, after I get called back, an hour late, I follow the nurse back and even spot the doc on my way into the exam room. Well... as the nurse is taking my blood pressure, she overhears the doc exclaim something I couldn't hear in the hallway, and says "that's not good...."
I think you can tell where this is going. Yep, for the second week in a row, I didn't get to see the doc. Another nurse came in and told me the doctor had to leave for an emergency c-section (again, I absolutely don't begrudge any woman the doc's urgent response!) and I could wait up to an hour and a half, or go home. If I needed, they could squeeze me in Wednesday. But, thankfully, everything's still going great, so no need to see the doc Wednesday.
The most disappointing part is that I was hoping to push the doc for answers as to my chances of going overdue, to make my decision as to whether to take off work beginning next week. Maybe he'll just come before then and let me off the hook. :)
Monday, May 4, 2009
Another disappointing doctor visit
Posted by Brooke Cailleteau at 8:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment